Wednesday, September 11, 2013

(Insert James Bond name joke here)

My first week of school just finished, and if I had a swiss franc for every time someone made the James Bond name joke with my name, I'd probably have 5 or 6 francs, but I'm not sure, since I wasnt counting.

Some people from Rotary over here warned the exchange students that the Swiss are "very private people" and "it will be difficult to make friends". Fortunately for me, even the Swiss aren't immune to my god-like charisma and intoxicating charm (please don't take that statement seriously).

Kidding aside, I see what they mean, if you're walking by yourself, people wont come up and say hi, in fact, people don't go out of their way to say "hi" at all. That's a bit different than what I'm used to, but I certainly don't find it negative.

Fortunately for me I had a man on the inside before starting school, a friend of mine is in my class-group-thing   (I'll talk about the classes in another post) and since I started a week later than everyone else, he had time to warn people that I was coming.

The day before my first day, he informed me that (thanks to him) everyone was under the impression that I was very intelligent and equally handsome... sounds great, right? Nope. Now people had expectations of me. And if there's one thing I get mildly annoyed about, it's people expecting things from me.

As it turns out, I was worried for nothing, because I am intelligent and handsome buahahaha! (please don't take that seriously as well)

No comments:

Post a Comment